Krome Design is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Krome Design website and governs data collection and usage. By using the Krome Design website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information and Information about your visit
Krome Design collects both personally identifiable information and anonymous usage information when you visit the Krome Design website.
The personally identifiable information may include your e-mail address, name, home and/or work address and/or telephone number. This information is collected when you make an enquiry, and when you register to use our forums, support system, or to comment on a blog post. This information may be used to contact you.
The anonymous usage information, which is not unique to you, may include demographic information (such as your approximate geographical location) and information about your computer hardware and software (your IP address, browser type, domain name, access times and referring website addresses). This information is used by Krome Design for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Krome Design website.
Krome Design encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the Krome Design website so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Krome Design is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of Krome Design or the use of your information by such outside websites.
Use of your Personal Information
Krome Design collects and uses your personal information to operate the Krome Design website and deliver the services you have requested.
Krome Design does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Krome Design does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, without your explicit consent.
Krome Design websites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Krome Design or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Krome Design (including enforcing this agreement); and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Krome Design, or the public.
Krome Design uses “cookies” to make parts of our website work and to collect data that helps us understand our visitors better. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by our web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully use the Krome Design website.
Here is a list of the main types of cookies we use, and what we use them for. We have described them using the categories recommended by the International Chamber of Commerce in the ICC UK Cookie Guide.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing the secure area of the website, accessing the forum, or commenting on our blog posts. Without these cookies the services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Krome Design uses software called WordPress to run krome-design.co.uk. WordPress cookies can be easily identified because they contain ‘wordpress’ or ‘wp’ in the cookie name. These cookies are only used between your computer and krome-design.co.uk website, contain no personal information, and cannot be used by any other website.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, how they move around the website, and if they get error messages from web pages. Like many companies Krome Design uses Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic. These analytics cookies do not collect information that identifies an individual visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous and does not affect your privacy.
By using Krome Design’s website you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
Google collects anonymous usage statistics about visitors to krome-design.co.uk to assist Krome Design in better understanding their website visitors. All Google Analytics cookies names start with ‘__ut…’Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States and other countries. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using Krome Design’s website you consent to the processing of data about your visit by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
More details about the analytics cookies, and how to reject or delete them:
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. Krome Design uses this type of cookie when you tick “Remember Me” when logging in or registering to access the secure area of the website, the forum, or comment on our blog posts. These cookies are also created by WordPress, similar to ‘Strictly Necessary Cookies’, above.
By ticking “Remember Me” on Krome Design’s website you agree we may place this type of cookie on your device.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. The Krome Design website does not carry advertising, so this type of cookie is not used here.
If you provide Krome Design with user information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records and
- To opt out of being solicited by this website or third parties
If you request that your user information be deleted from our records, there may be a brief delay in our processing that request, while verify that the request is valid and originates from you as opposed to an unauthorised third party. If you request that your information be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Krome Design website.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
3rd Party Cookies and Social Networks
If you click on a hyperlink from the Krome Design website to any third party websites, share content on a social network, or arrive at Krome Design website from a social network (e.g. if you ‘share’ content with or arrive from LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. Third party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies which Krome Design cannot control. Please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Security of your Personal Information
No method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. Krome Design uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Krome Design secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Statement
Krome Design will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Krome Design encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Krome Design is protecting your information. When such a change is made, we will update the “Last Updated” date above.
Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement, you should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Krome Design welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Krome Design has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Krome Design at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.